First Church Welcomes You
COVID MITIGATION UPDATES
Due to breakthrough COVID cases that have occurred in the pastors’ family, as well as many other local cases, we are adjusting our current schedule for worship and activities at church. Please wear a mask at all times while you are inside the church building.
For January 16 and 23:
- There will be one service at 11:00 a.m. in person in the sanctuary, led by volunteers
- There will be no live stream available, but we will connect to another congregation’s service online. This Sunday, we are connecting with Wayside Presbyterian Church in Erie – their service is available here. It can also be found on our Facebook Page.
- The nursery will be closed.
- There will be no Sunday School for adults, children, or youth – we hope to resume in February.
- There will be no men’s group or lectionary group Bible study this week – we hope to resume January 24th but please watch for updates.
Locally, there is rapid, increasing, and substantial spread of COVID. The schools are seeing numerous cases daily, and the case rate available through the CDC and PA Department of Health is extremely high and continues to increase. Please do all you can to help mitigate the spread of COVID in your daily lives.
We will continue to update you as we continue to evaluate all available public health recommendations. We continue to seek to care for the most vulnerable in our midst and to care for all our neighbors in our community. In all that we do, we seek to follow the greatest commandments, loving God and loving our neighbor.
The church office is closed this week on Monday, January 17, but will be open Tuesday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. The church phone is forwarded to the pastors beyond these hours.
Email News Updates include information about worship, online gatherings, and other resources for prayer and devotion.
If you would like to support our ongoing ministry: